Baylor & Health System Evaluation Algorithms
- Baylor College of Medicine Checklist for Management of Infectious Disease Emergency (IDER)
- Baylor College of Medicine Procedure for Coronavirus Patients
- CHI Ambulatory Evaluation Coronavirus
- CHI ED Evaluation Algorithm
- CHI Check-in Desk Visitor Scripting
- Dignity Health Ambulatory Evaluation Coronavirus
- Dignity Health ED Evaluation Algorithm
- Dignity Health Check-in Desk Visitor Scripting
Baylor Tips and Demonstrations
- Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Training [YouTube]
As a clinician, it’s important to stay safe when helping patients who may be carriers of highly contagious illnesses in order to reduce the risk of spreading germs or viruses. The powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) is one of a clinician’s best ways to avoid contamination, but only worn correctly. Here are step-by-step instructions from Baylor College of Medicine on the donning and doffing process of the PAPR.
- Handwashing Tips [YouTube]
Washing your hands is a key component of reducing the risk of transferring germs and viruses. See tips for effective and thorough handwashing.
- Personal Protective Equipment Demonstration [YouTube]
See personal protective equipment demonstration. NOTE: It is important that a second person is used as a spotter when taking off PPE equipment.
Baylor & Health System Patient Alert Posters
Baylor Health Patient AlertPDFs of patient alert posters.
Is it Flu or 2019-nCoV “Coronavirus”?
- CDC Flowchart to Identify and Assess 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- CDC Interim 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov) Patient Under Investigation (PUI) Form
- CDC Respiratory Viruses Diagnostic Laboratory Specimen Submission Guidelines
- CDC Specimen Submission Form